Primavera Products Upgrade
Primavera P6 R8
With the introduction of Oracle Primavera P6 R8.2, existing users should now consider moving to the latest version as nearly all functionality that is available in the client is now available on the web. It is clear that the direction of Oracle is to continue to focus enhancements of P6 on the web.
Moving on the web has significant benefits:
Ability to the users to sign in from any machine using a browser
Integration with the Oracle Enterprise applications for business workflow (BPM) and intelligent reporting.
Leverage enhanced product capabilities
Embedded best practices and enhanced performance and scalability.
Primavera Contract Management
Primavera Contract Management, Business Intelligence Publisher Edition, is the latest release of the Oracle Contract Management solution. This release is an enterprise enabled version that provides organizations with the flexibility to choose platforms and technology.
Key Enhancements Include
- Technology enhancements
- Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) support
- A robust and flexible report writing functionality within Contract Management through Oracle’s BI Publisher
However, previous features that were available in the older version arer no longer available. These features are :
- InfoMaker is no longer supported. Any customized reports or forms that were created in InfoMaker need to be recreated in Oracle BI Publisher.
- JBoss is no longer supported. Only WebLogic 11g is supported.
- JackRabbit is no longer supported.
- The ActiveX requirement was removed.
- There is no longer a standalone installation.
We have been implementing and upgrading Primavera applications across diverse industries and geographies for the last 13 years. We have the experts for Oracle software implementations and are your safest choice for planning and executing your upgrades.